A recent article in the British Medical Journal describes how Travel Agents in Hospitals are increasingly relying on social media to promote events and increase awareness of new services and programs. The use of Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and other social networking sites to promote hospital events, fundraisers and patient education initiatives is proving to be highly effective. Why is this so? There are a few reasons that this trend is taking off at a rapid pace and is poised to become a major trend for travel agents as well as for hospitals and their communities in the future. We will examine some of the key reasons why social networking is beneficial:
* Increased Customer Exposure: One of the primary reasons that social networking has become so popular is because it allows travel agents to provide more information about activities, special offers and event-specific promotions. When customers have more information regarding activities at a destination, they are more likely to visit the destination and explore the activities and amenities available. This increases the number of customers who call or visit the full service travel agency, which, in turn, helps the agency to generate a higher level of revenue. And the more people who visit or call, the more likely the hotel, restaurant and other destination is to generate increased revenues from advertising and other sources.
* Increasing Brand Awareness: Social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter have dramatically changed the way people communicate with one another. A recent study by the Boston University School of Hospitality found that more than 80 percent of survey participants indicated that they regularly check on news and travel blogs, websites, Facebook and MySpace. This provides travel agencies with one way drop off points for guests who need to connect with a full service travel agency while researching one way drop off points at various hospice facilities in the area.
* Expanding Destination Choices: Providing travel agents with a list of hospice facilities in the community allows them to tap into the resources of the local hospital, nursing home and nursing care facility. This is especially beneficial if you want to find the best car rental services at a discount. The more options you have the better the chances are that you will find a great deal on the best possible car hire. The same goes for finding childcare providers and transportation services.
* Expand Your Area of Business: If your primary goal is to generate greater revenues than increasing your clientele in the hospice facility may be the best move to make. It is easy to expand the marketing areas of a business when you have a stable location in a well-connected city. Hospitals, nursing homes and other medical centers are good candidates for one way car rental services if you have a steady flow of clients visiting on a regular basis. If you are looking to expand into other city limits, such as another state, it can be helpful to make use of the same resources available to you in the gospel. By putting your name on the hook as a professional who offers quality service to clients visiting from out of town, you are likely to attract more business than competitors who do not have established local presence.
* Expand Your Presence Beyond the City Limits: You might want to think about expanding your business reach beyond the boundaries of your city. For instance, if you have a retail outlet or a coffee shop in a shopping center then you can list these establishments as stops for outstation travel. There are many websites online that can help you do this. In fact, some of these sites allow you to post photos and reviews so that other readers can get an idea of what you are all about. In order to keep up with the latest trends, you might want to hire an Outstation Marketing Accountant to keep track of information and pricing of different services. Hiring a real estate agent could also be helpful in this case.
* Improve Your Search With Online Resources: If you want to offer a wider range of services to your clients, then you need to be aware of the options that are available on the web. Do a search using Google or Yahoo! and see what comes up. There are specialized portals where you can compare different tour packages offered by different providers. Such portals also provide complete information on different deals and packages offered by various tour operators. If you plan to offer your services outside of your home city, then you will have to research extensively online to find out the kind of reputation that the company has in the field.
There is no denying that most people prefer to book their tickets online. This is because everything they need is just a mouse click away. However, for people looking for a unique experience, they may feel more comfortable booking a trip to a particular destination through a multi-city travel agent. When you are deciding between the two options, it is important to take into account the reputation of the agents and their ability to offer travelers competitively priced outstation and taxi tour packages. Remember, the choice depends on your budget and your personal preferences.